I really want to commit to improving my riding and overall horse and barn knowledge. So in order to stay on track and commit, I am writing out a list of things I would like to accomplish next year. Hopefully, since I am sharing these goals with you, you all can help keep me accountable! Please share any relevant tips and tricks that may help me out. :)
1. SPEND MORE TIME AT THE BARN! (Sorry Jay)
2. Get on a weekly riding schedule.
3. Accomplish my goal of riding dressage.
(I will admit I started this journey earlier this year, but did not give it my full effort.)
4. Celebrate Dakota's 30th birthday!
5. Make my own homemade DIY healthy horse treats.
6. Clean my tack trunk.
7. Invest in my first pair of breeches (suggestions are welcome).
8. Read a book on senior horse care.
9. Teach Storm ground manners.
10. Go on a trail ride with Dakota.
We haven't ventured off the farm since I moved him last December and Dakota HATES riding ring circles....
This may not be the longest of lists, but I have to start somewhere!
What are your 2019 horse and barn goals? How do you keep yourself on track?
The Country Barbie